Why is Food Safety Training necessary?
- Everyone’s Responsibility. A major selling point of food is its quality – and food safety training is key to that quality. Food safety and sanitation are integral to operating a successful food service. The safety of food is a responsibility shared by producers, sellers, managers and handlers.
- Affects Sales. Food safety training does not only affect the sales and continued patronage of your establishment, but also public safety.
- Businesses Require. Food establishments are required to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM)
- States Require. The CDC estimates that because of foodborne illness 76 million people fall ill, 325,000 are hospitalized and 5,000 Americans die annually. Because of these alarming statistics, most states require certification of food managers which may include a food safety exam.
Why become a Certified Food Manager?
- State Requirements: States require each retail food establishment to have a person-in-charge, an owner, or manager of a food establishment be a Certified Food Manager (CFM) as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam.
- Target Audience: Chefs, cooks, mobile food vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers, food warehouse staff, and convenience store (c-store) clerks. Click here to view Food Manager State Map
Food Manager Training Course & ANSI Certification
Food establishments generally employ a person-in-charge (PIC), or a certified food manager (CFM), who requires food safety manger certification. These establishments include: bars, restaurants, mobile vendors, food trucks, caterers, assisted-living, prison facilities, and day care centers.
Click here for Food Manager State Map
- Food Manager Training Course
The Food Safety Manager Principles Course provides necessary training leading up to the Food Manager Certification Exam. This course covers in-depth food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment.
- Food Manager ANSI Certification
Our Learn2Serve Food Protection Manager Certification is approved by the American National Standards Institute and the Conference for Food Protection (ANSI-CFP). This accredited exam is state-accepted for food manager certification requirements for Food Management Professionals. The candidate must pass the food safety examination from an accredited certification provider to be recognized as a Certified Food Protection Manager.